Merit Awards are keenly sought after, and are presented to those entrants who excel in a specific area. Why not target one or more right from the start!
These Merit Awards are chosen from the Skills Day judging so all entrants are eligible:
- DairyNZ Practical Skills Award
- Emerging Talent Award
The following Merit Awards will be chosen from the final round of judging:
- Farming Knowledge Award
- Communication & Industry Involvement Award
Regional Awards Dinner
- Each region holds an Awards Dinner where the Merit Awards are presented and the Dairy Trainee of the Year winner is announced. These dinners are are a fantastic night out and an excellent way to mix with fellow entrants, peers, sponsors and judges.
Regional Field Day
- The Dairy Industry Awards Winners Field Day will be held on the property of the Share Farmer of the Year winner. The winners from the Dairy Trainee of the Year and Dairy Manager of the Year categories will be required to attend the Field Day and give a presentation.
- All regional winners go on to compete for the title 'New Zealand Dairy Trainee of the Year' which is held in May each year.
- The regional winners enjoy a study tour just prior to the National Final, and then join the Dairy Manager of the Year and Share Farmer of the Year finalists at the national final destination for some networking and fun.
- The national final judging will be made up of a number of components, including a practical section and an interview with the national judges prior to the National Awards Dinner.
- Each region has a Regional Manager and also a Dairy Trainee of the Year Team Leader whose focus is the Dairy Trainee of the Year competition.
- Contact details can be found in the Regions section of the main menu.
We encourage you to enter the Dairy Trainee of the Year category - like so many of your peers, we believe you will find it an interesting and rewarding experience.