Share Farmer of the Year (cont)
Merit Awards are a highlight in each region and all entrants are eligible for these. Judges are looking for entrants who excel in the area where a merit award is to be given. Following are the Merit Awards supported by our national sponsors that are available in each region:
- DairyNZ - Human Resources Award
- Ecolab - Farm Dairy Hygiene Award
- Federated Farmers - Leadership Award
- Honda - Farm Safety, Health & Biosecurity Award
- LIC - Recording and Productivity Award
- Meridian Energy - Farm Environment Award
- Ravensdown - Pasture Performance Award
- Westpac - Business Performance Award
Regional Awards Dinner
- Each region holds an Awards Dinner where the Merit Awards are presented and the Share Farmer of the Year winners are announced. These dinners are are a fantastic night out and an excellent way to mix with fellow entrants, peers, sponsors and judges.
Regional Field Day
- The Dairy Industry Awards Winners Field Day will be held on the property of the Share Farmer of the Year winner. The winners from the Dairy Trainee of the Year and Dairy Manager of the Year categories will be required to attend the Field Day and give a short presentation.
- All regional winners go on to compete for the title 'New Zealand Share Farmer of the Year' which is held in May each year.
- Regional winners are visited on farm by the national judges. There is a 2 hour judging period using the same judging criteria as in the regional rounds.
- The regional winners meet a few days before the National Final and enjoy getting to know each other while partaking in some educational and fun activities. On the day prior to the National Final Dinner, the regional winners have an interview with the judging panel. This completes their judging process.
- Merit Awards once again feature highly at national level.
- Each region has a Regional Manager as well as a Share Farmer of the Year Team Leader whose focus is the Share Farmer of the Year category.
- Contact details can be found in the Regions section of the main menu.
We encourage you to enter the Share Farmer of the Year category - like so many of your peers, we believe you will find it an interesting and rewarding experience.